[MUD-Dev] Character Restraint & Capture.

Matt Mihaly the_logos at ironrealms.com
Tue Mar 2 19:00:30 CET 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Matt Mihaly wrote:

> So write out a design or show me a workable example. I'm just
> giving you the benefit of 7+ years of practical, commercial,
> hands-on design/admin-side experience.

Sorry, I just noted that you (Jester) had already put up your
design. I see others already pointed out some of the ways players
will abuse it via mules, etc.

My major comment, though, is that I apparently misunderstood your
aim.  This isn't a justice system. It's a system for complicating
PK. For instance, in this system, I could in-role rape you (via
emotes or whatever), you could kill me for it, and I'm suddenly the
victim, able to take out a bounty on you. This is what I meant about
systems like this just being a new way to grief people.
Fundamentally, your code will never be capable of recognizing what
most people recognize as 'justice.' Human admin/judges are one
solution, but have their own problems, all of which are seen in your
typical 3rd world justice systems.

--matt