[MUD-Dev] Mythica Cancelled..

Tom Tom
Tue Mar 9 10:27:42 CET 2004

Friday, March 5, 2004, 4:46:56 PM, Bill wrote:
> Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt wrote:

>> I tried out Uru online, and the major problem was that they
>> released it as beta when it didnt work at all. My experience was
>> that it worked so badly (mainly because of real bad lag) that you
>> couldn't play it. I think people stopped by, decided it was crap
>> and left. Thus the very limited interest. The graphics was great,
>> and possibly they could have made it work great, but what I
>> experienced was a game reduced to a scavenger hunt and for
>> multiplayer part an advanced stone-paper-siccors, and nothing
>> else .. except hideous lag (tied to screen update frequency no
>> less, .. when i was lucky i got 2 frames pr second in the online
>> game - thats just plain bad).

>> If they had fixed these things, I would have been a subscriber..

> Ouch.  Please allow me to clear up some misperceptions.

> The online portion was never publicly released - it was an
> invitation-only free period.

And UbiSoft prevented me from participating. I signed up for the uru
Live beta on January 5 2003 (yes, 2003 - a year ago), never got the
invitation, never got the mass invitation, and Ubisoft wouldn't let
me register my CD key against the Uru Live product.

When I contacted customer support, the eventual answer was a flat
'you will not get an invite, wait for the live release' - which of
course never happened.

Regards,
Tom "cro" Gordon
CEO, AlienPants Ltd