[MUD-Dev] Character Restraint & Capture.

Matt Mihaly the_logos at ironrealms.com
Fri Mar 12 06:24:43 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:

> How about this. When a player is labelled an outlaw in a
> territory, he is immediately dumped outside said territory. Simple
> enough and it solves the gankage issue. If he's dumb enough to go
> back in then he gets to die :)

> Perhaps there's a flaw here, but its not obvious to me at the
> moment...

That's pretty similar to our system, which works nicely, but has
nothing to do with being a system for administering justice with
some attempt at consistency with a player's (not character's) sense
of justice. Any city can declare you an outlaw (enemy) for whatever
reason it chooses. You don't go in that city, and you're fine. You
do, and you're attacked by NPC guards (nothing novel there). Unless
you're enemied from every city in the game, it's really not a big
deal for the most part, though it means you can't just wander into
the enemy city chasing someone or stalking someone or whatnot.

Again, definitely not a justice system that has much to do with
actual justice (as opposed to "in role justice" and really has
nothing to do with regulating PK.)

--matt