[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

Matt Mihaly matt at ironrealms.com
Fri Oct 8 20:34:56 CEST 2004

Miroslav Silovic wrote:
> Matt Mihaly wrote:

>> Ok. The question still stands. Where are these MUSHes that are
>> quite successful? I grant that 'successful' is a highly relative
>> term too. I wouldn't expect them to compare to Everquest. But
>> even comparing the text MUSHes to other text games, there are
>> none that I can think of that qualify as 'quite successful'. I'd
>> be happy to be educated here though.

> Well, using the most simplistic method of search (I don't claim
> any scientific value to this, of course).  Go to mudconnect.com,
> select MOO/MUSH/MUSE/MUCK/MUX as the codebase, and check 100+
> players.

Well, first, MUSHes, of course, ARE text MUDs, regardless of what
some MUSH people would like to claim. They're just particular kinds
of MUDs.  I'd tend to compare them to text MUDs generally, in which
case there are none that even approach the size of the largest text
MUDs in terms of player traffic.

--matt