[MUD-Dev] Cheating in the world

Michael Hartman michael at thresholdrpg.com
Sat Oct 30 13:32:59 CEST 2004

Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> "Matt Mihaly" <matt at ironrealms.com> writes:

>> I wonder if Christians/Jews/Hindus/Muslims feel that praying to
>> their Head Admin means the world has failed?

> Mm... Fortunately Head Admin doesn't cut in. :-)

Says who? A lot of people believe in divine intervention in the Real
World.

> However, for many MUDs the admin presence seems to be more an
> issue of either covering up deficiencies in the design or just a
> desire for personal power ;-).

In my view, a role play focussed game has deficiencies if the admin
are NOT involved.

No amount of code will be able to match the entertainment value of
an actively run admin event or admin NPC.

--
Michael Hartman
President and CEO, Threshold Virtual Environments, Inc.