[MUD-Dev] Dragon Empires is cancelled

ceo ceo at grexengine.com
Tue Sep 7 21:50:51 CEST 2004

dienw wrote:

> Another one is falling down:

>   http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=dragon+empires

...and there I was at the start of this year, starting to sweat,
worrying that perhaps the mainstream studios had somehow found neat
solutions to all the development, runtime, and ongoing
maintenance/re-dedevelopment issues, thereby putting us out of
business.

Shrug. A little doubt is good for you; ensures you never stagnate.

However, I'm surprised by this one in particular - from my
ill-informed POV they always seemed to have planned well and be
executing well too. Was it just me? Were they in fact struggling,
but suckered me with their excellent spin-masters skillfully
manipulating the public image? :)

Adam M