[MUD-Dev] Removing the almighty experience point...

Devin Smoth devin.smoth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 01:22:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:43:53 +0200, Vincent Archer
<archer at frmug.org> wrote:

> However, no player can ever accuse your game to encourage grind
> (repeating mindlessly the easiest task you can find for your
> level) or call it a treadmill, if the requirements for real skills
> keep changing as you level.

Wow, this is revolutionary. I was wondering about the same thing,
but I have never actually put it into words, even in my own
head. Was there some way to encourage people to get out of the easy
arena and make them want to go and complete high quests etc? This is
a fantastic way to do that.

However, implementing will mean alot of harder work. You would have
to create a lot of quests or MOBs and this is a lot different then
just regenerating the same guys that you have already killed. Is the
end result worth the time spent on writing a whole set of quests
and/or MOBs for this type of leveling?

--
--Devin Smoth--

http://exlant.forumflash.com