[MUD-Dev] Shift in time

Brian Lindahl lindahlb at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:45:59 CEST 2004

I've been reading a lot of the archives lately, and it seems the
list has changed a LOT over time. Most of the initial discussions
were mostly implementation and development driven and it appears
that these types of discussions have dropped off recently. Most of
it appears to be driven by how best to make a MUD addicting or how
to gain the largest playerbase (the philosophy of what are good and
bad features). As a MUD developer, I'm still very much interested in
the development discussions we used to see around here and I was
wondering if any of you out there feel the same way. I've tried
several times to induce discussions of more development-related
topics (database layers, ai, etc.) - but they barely stirred more
than a sole person on the list. Where have all the developers gone?
Are you all lying dorment, or has the interest of the list shifted
towards entertainment and social aspects of MUDs?