[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: The game with a thousand faces

Jaycen Rigger jaycen.rigger at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 9 22:04:37 CEST 2005

Bloo <bloo at kriegergames.com> wrote:

> First, I think that is a huge oversimplification. The genres of
> fiction printed and sold is only a fraction of the fiction
> consumed.  Plays, oral history, and other methods of communication
> took place alongside the printed word.

It was an oversimplification.  I "think" the point was - the
audience drives the media, i.e. those who consume dictate what is
available for consumption (for the most part).

I don't think he was trying to educate us on the definition of
genres or the part that"BIG PUBLISHING" plays in stifling
creativity, et al.

Of course, I could have read Mike wrong.