[MUD-Dev] Dynamic Quests & Event Chains

Arnau Josep Rosselló Castelló arossello at atmsa.org
Sun Dec 25 21:51:32 CET 2005

23/11/2005 08:57 +0930Mike Rozak wrote:

>   - Providing a world with more sub-games than just combat also
>   helps.... Maybe players can "study the behaviors" of foozles,
>   taking photos of them, or tracking them. Or, they could take a
>   counter quest for the save-the-foozle brigades and paint all the
>   foozles pink (as per arctic sea-lion cubs).

Yep I think this would be the way to go... I loved Battlegrounds in
WoW because they introduced an element of strategy completely new to
the game. They also promised new sub-games in the form of siege
machines, but it seems these are delayed forever, which is sad
because i think that should be the way the game should grow, not to
more levels, 'epiquer' armor sets, etc...