[MUD-Dev] [bus][des] Anarchy Online and the free MMORPG...

olag at ifi.uio.no olag at ifi.uio.no
Sun Feb 13 14:37:21 CET 2005

Adam M:

> The doctor + officer (shoulder-pads quests). Firstly, it's very
> easy to be only able to do one of the quests, becuase the triggers
> fore the other screw up. It might be that you have to do the two
> in the correct order to get both, can't recall.

There is no point in doing more than one of them. Choose side first,
then do either one of them twice to get your 2 shoulder pads (doc
for clanners, the other for omnis). It might not be obvious for new
players, true.

> nearby), then ... you think that's OK, because technically
> speaking every mis-type is me telling the game client to do
> something stupid, and that's my fault?

The interface should make mis-typing hard, but it shouldn't try to
predict whether something was a mistype and whether you actually
wanted to do it. It shouldn't override your decisions.

> A tenet of GUI design is that it should enable and help, not
> disable and get in the way.

Other tenets: to be transparent, consistent and avoid modalities and
interruptions.

Ola.