[MUD-Dev] Mounts and Vehicles

Greg B lextalionis at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 20:37:54 CEST 2005

I have been thinking about the implementation of mounts and vehicles
that are separate from the main character in persistent worlds.  I
was thinking about this in the context of both text-based and
graphical virtual worlds.

This was on my mind when I was reading some military simulation
papers lately involving coordinating multiple jet fighters in combat
simulations.  This seems to have been going on in graphical
simulations in the early 1990's.

Would anyone like to think out loud about when they remember first
seeing an implementation of vehicles and mounts (text-based and
graphically)?

Greg