[MUD-Dev] Hosting questions

ceo ceo at grexengine.com
Sun Jul 10 20:30:54 CEST 2005

Mike Rozak wrote:

>  It's infinitely cheaper for me to hire a server someplace in the
>  US, and monitor it remotely. (Anyone have suggestions on ISPs?
>  I've been exploring ICUServices and Wolfpaw.) However, if/when
>  the server crashes, debugging is much more difficult, if not
>  impossible.

My favourite of the month is currently ServerMatrix: 1.2Tb b/w per
month on a dedicated server with private SSH access (you can change
the root password and not tell them) for $80/month or less (if you
haggle...). Business model rather like Dell though: the base system
is a bargain, but something basic like doulbing the RAM doubles your
monthly hosting cost. Um....No thanks.

Although...part of the reason I went with them on my most recent
project is a service they've now canelled >:( (they were providing
Zeus load-balancers for free as part of the basic service - that was
going to save me a lot of hassle/expense which I now have back in my
lap :( )

Adam M