[MUD-Dev] Blog about GDC implies changes to MMORPG population

Lydia Leong lwl at black-knight.org
Wed Jul 13 20:16:08 CEST 2005

On Jul 12,  9:06am, Morris Cox wrote:

> I have been thinking about a game based on personality types for
> some years now. A basic personality type test is given during
> chardev and the character acts and responds according to the
> results, with the corresponding socials being made available. How
> strongly or weakly one scored in a letter would also have an
> effect.

There's a "classic" game of yore about this: Alter Ego (originally
by Activision, I believe, for 8-bit computers in the mid-80s). It
was essentially a single-player RPG about life. You navigated a
series of life experiences that changed the statistics that
represented your personality and so forth.  Very compelling.

It's now available online: http://www.theblackforge.net/

	-- Lydia