[MUD-Dev] Guild Wars ?

cruise cruise at casual-tempest.net
Tue May 3 12:17:52 CEST 2005

Louis d'Ambra wrote:

> Guild Wars, aka the "free" MMO, will get out soon. Does anyone
> already played it ? Any comments or impressions yet ? Is the
> combat system really good and most skillful than most of the MMO's
> out there ?

Personally I was bored very quickly - it's more a fantasy deathmatch
than an MMO. All numbers and stats are provided up front, so players
can numbercrunch to work out the most efficient attack chains and
power combinations. And considering how much the guild combat is
being pushed, anyone who doesn't will get walked over by the ub3r
guilds.

I can see the appeal for some. But I like at least some immersion in
my RPG's, to feel like I am playing a role, and not just a game.

--
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
   "quantam sufficit"