[MUD-Dev] Guild Wars ?

Mike Oxford szii at sziisoft.com
Wed May 4 03:05:51 CEST 2005

Louis d'Ambra wrote:

> Guild Wars, aka the "free" MMO, will get out soon. Does anyone
> already played it ? Any comments or impressions yet ? Is the
> combat system really good and most skillful than most of the MMO's
> out there ?

I played the beta... wasn't terribly impressed.  I've seen it played
about a week ago and...still not impressed.  Feels like I'm playing
a console game and seems very..linear in character
progression/development.  Nice graphics, but not my thing.  The
combat system wasn't very well done when I played it.  You had few
options and the same combat sequences repeated often.

-Mike/Szii