[MUD-Dev] Marketing Resources?

Johan J Ingles-le Nobel ingleslenobel at btinternet.com
Fri May 6 23:56:00 CEST 2005

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Mike Rozak ...pondered:

> Are there any good books on marketing games or MMORPGs? Or even
> web pages?

Fine question! Many moons ago, I graced "Imaginary Realities" with
some thoughts on this, which can be seen at
http://www.mudworld.org/archives/IR/volume3/issue3/advertising.shtml
and http://www.mudworld.org/archives/IR/volume3/issue4/promo.shtml
My regret is, with 10+ years of running one of the larger muds in
all sorts of areas but also PR (achieving great results with a
budget of... zero), that there are no marketing (or other) positions
with MMORPGs where all such knowledge of how to make online games
happen could be put to some good use professionally. Certainly, if
such pages exist,I'd love to hear about them just out of interest :)

Regards,
Nass