[MUD-Dev] DGN: Reasons for play [was: EmergentBehaviorsspawnedfrom...]

Michael Sellers mike at onlinealchemy.com
Thu Oct 6 16:50:24 CEST 2005

Sean Howard wrote:

> ... We need a sort of set of philosopher kings to define an
> objective quality and successfully hold each game up to the
> light. We just need a few critical, intelligent, logical people to
> set this standard, not the entire population.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Right.  So, we need a Council of Elders.  No wait, we'll call
them... the People's Congress!  That's it!  They can tell us all
what's good and what's not, so we don't drift into error in our poor
misguided opinions.  They will use their mysteriously objective
criteria to wisely decide for us, as you said, the "innate value of
the product being sold."

Whew.  That'll be a load off of *all* of our minds, I'm sure.

Mike Sellers