[MUD-Dev2] [DESIGN] Removing the almighty experience point...

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Sun Aug 26 00:23:45 CEST 2007

According to cruise:
> Yes, it's designed to not reward those "aiming low" - if you read the
> original post, the idea was to prevent the farming of easy monsters for
> quick rewards and to encourage players to aim high.

Note that, currently, WoW "tries" to do so. At level 5, fighting a
level 5 mob gives me 25 xp. Fighting a level 4 mob gives me only 22
xp, and fighting a level 6 mob gives me 28 (that's an example, I
don't have the full formulas around, but that sounds right).

However, they're extremely conservative about it. In fact, you
get less absolute xp for fighting against a level 6 mob at level 5
than you'd get fighting it at level 6 (which is a bit that irritated
me to no end when I began playing two years ago).

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)