[MUD-Dev2] stock market mechanisms in muds

Chapman, Greg gchapman at ea.com
Fri Feb 16 12:18:16 CET 2007

Johnicholas Hines wrote:

> I don't know much about what "stock market" mechanisms already exist
> in muds, so in mud-dev tradition, I will speculate and propose an
> idea. If you have experience with market simulations in muds, would
> you please reply? (to me or to the list)

Have you looked at the economy in Eve: Online?

Guilds ("Corporations") have shares. Initially fairly useless other than
for members to vote, but this past year has seem an interesting
development: A player regulated IPO and stock market -- raising
'billions' for the in-game economy. They even have a website that is
player maintained that is somewhat akin to what you'd expect on the
NASDAQ for tracking share market values of share prices.

It's been interesting to watch...