[DGD] Re: IMud 3

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Dec 12 02:23:27 CET 1997

> Sure is.  What Greg has (kfun-level of variable-string conversions) may be
> the ideal solution, but I've had an Imud-3 protocol up and working for quite
> some time now.  Granted, I still haven't added support for all the possible
> services, but the main daemon that handles receiving, sending, and
> encoding/decoding strings to values and vice-versa works really pretty well.
> The only limitation that I've run into is the max length of a string (only a
> problem when receiving mudlist packets).  The conversion code that I use
> handles any number of nested arrays/mappings within an array/mapping.

I should have been somewhat clearer, sorry :).  The code is part of the package
but its not a kfun (which is why its in the efun directory).  It got into the
package 'cos its useful to be able to store mappings and arrays in a unix
dbm style database and to do so you must convert them to strings :).

It actually sounds like your code is the way to go Jason, since its tested
and working!

					- Greg
--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide