[DGD] mudlibs (was: Re: hello)

Serhat Sakarya serhat at freud.et.tudelft.nl
Thu Oct 2 15:29:01 CEST 1997

> I reworked the tiny melville mudlib so it runs under dgd 1.1 and was working
> on the 2.4.5ish heaven7 (it starts and can be played for some part but some
> player releated commands don't work).

I think one of the main problems with getting DGD to become more popular
is that there isn't a really nice base mudlib to start with (to my infor-
mation at least) - a nice 'starters pack' would usually have to include
basic features such as inventories, actions, etc. Also, some decent
inherits might be nice.

What I have done for the mud I'm working on was to use the 2.4.5 simlib
as a base, but to almost completely rewrite it in the long run (apart
from maybe some parts of the auto object). Also, I have added quite a
few kfuns which I felt are pretty handy. I even added a this_player()
kfun and I intend to add inventory related functions in the longer run
(sorry Dworkin ;-)

Is there some kind of rather large library of kfun/patches for e.g.
string related functions, etc? There are some things that don't come
with the driver, but maybe be of value to people who are used to them.

Btw, can you guys please change the subject line? "Re: hello" is
a bit silly; it makes me feel as though most of the traffic lately
is somehow due to me. ;-)

Regards,

Serhat Sakarya