[DGD]Win32

Tracy L & Rasmus H Hansen hellbug at post1.tele.dk
Sat Dec 19 11:51:53 CET 1998

Has anybody had success with 1.1.48 for Win32? I patched (whew - hard work)
and compiled it into a console app (as the windowed version wouldn't output
anything) with VC++ 5.0 sp3. When I run the debug version (no
optimizations), it goes:

Dec 13 22:58:48 ** DGD 1.1.48
Dec 13 22:58:48 ** Initializing...
/kernel/obj/user.c, 5: private inherit of nomask function query_conn
(/kernel/lib/user)
Error within runtime_error:
Array index out of range
Array index out of range
Config error: initialization failed

And that, even though private inheritance isn't used..
Also, I had a minor problem with the 1.1.46-1.1.47 patch, as hunk 3 for
data.h failed. I think
-     strref *strings;		/* i/o? string constant table */
should've read
-     struct _strref_ *strings;		/* i/o? string constant table */

but patching on Win95 proved to be more difficult than expected, and only
due to differing newline representations.

//Rasmus
--
spinning dreams + angel wings
torn blue jeans + a foolish grin