[DGD]Win32

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sat Dec 19 11:46:30 CET 1998

Rasmus H Hansen <hellbug at post1.tele.dk> writes:

> Has anybody had success with 1.1.48 for Win32? I patched (whew - hard work)
> and compiled it into a console app (as the windowed version wouldn't output
> anything) with VC++ 5.0 sp3. When I run the debug version (no
> optimizations), it goes:
>
> Dec 13 22:58:48 ** DGD 1.1.48
> Dec 13 22:58:48 ** Initializing...
> /kernel/obj/user.c, 5: private inherit of nomask function query_conn
> (/kernel/lib/user)
> Error within runtime_error:
> Array index out of range
> Array index out of range
> Config error: initialization failed
>
> And that, even though private inheritance isn't used..
> Also, I had a minor problem with the 1.1.46-1.1.47 patch, as hunk 3 for
> data.h failed. I think
> -     strref *strings;		/* i/o? string constant table */
> should've read
> -     struct _strref_ *strings;		/* i/o? string constant table */
>
> but patching on Win95 proved to be more difficult than expected, and only
> due to differing newline representations.

The patches are generated automatically with CVS, so there is not much
that can go wrong with them.  My guess is that patching on Windows was
even harder than you realized.

To make things easier for you, and since I won't be doing much work on
DGD for a while, I put DGD 1.1.48 on the ftp site:

    ftp://ftp.dworkin.nl/pub/dgd/dgd-1.1.48.tar.gz