[DGD]DGD 1.1.48 and MSVC 5.0

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Dec 27 12:33:42 CET 1998

"Wim van der Vegt" <wvd_vegt at knoware.nl> wrote:

> I found that the release build had custom optimization turned on after the
> make file was converted into a msvc workspace. When i changed it to default,
> the release build ran again without errors (even without protection fault
> when quiting dgd).

Thanks for taking the trouble to find out.  I enabled all those
optimizations, using MSVC 4.0, which did not seem to require special
care when writing programs.  Had I been able to understand the
documentation about how to adjust your code, I would have attempted
the remaining two options as well.

> I noticed that you no longer supply a workspace file with 1.1.48 but use a
> make file instead. Perhaps something in the makefile or the conversion to
> workspace isn't good.

There never actually was a workspace file distributed along with DGD,
since they can conveniently be generated from a (much smaller)
Makefile.  The one you had was probably left over from the 4.0 days.