[DGD] A strange problem.

Farpoint Admin falerin at farpoint-comm.dyn.ml.org
Sat Jan 10 21:47:05 CET 1998

I am currently running DGD on an FreeBSD box, I am using the 2.4.5. port
as a mudlib but I brought in a heavily expanded 2.4.5 library from another
server that was not DGD. (It was of all things MacMud [Gag Puke Cough
Sputter]). Since moving the library to DGD it has developed additional
features (read bugs) that have caused me no end of headaches and I was
wondering if anyone else had an even remotely simmilar problem and might
be able to enlighten me to the cause and rectification.

3) Mobile monsters wheter instructed to move at reset or at heartbeat will
not move at all, untill they have been killed once and reloaded. They can
not even be forced to move via the wizard command. Clone monsters can
never move that is if a wizard clones /obj/orc.c and kills and reclones
the orc still refuses to move. THe monster died function also seems
completele nonfunctional.

2) Occasionally a player will suddenly be unable to drop anything. While
in another session the same player with identical inventory will have no
troubles. No mesage is given at all.