[DGD] Small problem with my FTP daemon

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Jan 13 17:54:08 CET 1998

> I have this annoying problem with my FTP daemon, and I was wondering
> if anyone out there knew what might be the problem.
>
> When I send a file to the user, I have to send ~1Kb and then wait for
> the data to be transmitted before sending the next chunk. If I try
> sending anything faster or in bigger chunks, the transfer starts
> bugging out all over the place. So I was wondering what the maximum
> size of the send_message() buffer is, and can I change it? Or am I on
> the wrong track here?

The buffer for send_message() automatically adapts to the amount of
data sent.  Note however that the return value from send_message(),
which indicates whether or not the messae could be sent right of in
its entirety, is slightly different when the networking package is
installed (see the documentation).  I suspect that the problems you
are experiencing have something to do with this.