[DGD] Mudlib II

Jason Cone jcone at cs.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 28 19:00:20 CET 1998

Since Erlend broke the proverbial silence, I figured I might as well make a
similar announcement while the topic is current. :)

I've been working on a lib for about 8 months now and am just about ready to
make a beta release within the next few weeks.  The approach I'm taking is
to provide a general code base on which people can create a game or whatever
else they want to do.  The concept is somewhat similar to that of the kernel
lib in that there is no game-specific code.  Actually, I take that back.
There are a few game-related things that have been implemented, but they
would only account for 5% of all theoretical game-related code.

Anyway, I bring this up because I'd like to get some feedback on the lib's
design and implementation from a few individuals before I make a public beta
release.  The MUD's website is http://cs.tander.com/~csmud - it is
horrendously out of date as far as the little information that is presented
there.  I plan to have it updated and extensively expanded within the next
few days.  If you are interested in evaluating the CSLib (CornerStone
MUDlib) or if you have any related questions, feel free to email me at the
address below.

Jason Cone

||                         ||  "Hard work spotlights the character  ||
|| Jason H. Cone           ||   of people:  some turn up their      ||
|| Dept. Computer Science  ||   sleeves, some turn up their noses,  ||
|| Texas A&M University    ||   and some don't turn up at all."     ||
|| jcone at cs.tamu.edu       ||             - Sam Ewing               ||