[DGD] DGD, errors and an Amiga

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 27 21:45:57 CEST 1998

Hi,

I'm new to the list (& dgd) so forgive me for asking idiot questions...

I'm using dgd on the Amiga and I realise there are two versions of dgd out
there for it.  One requires i'net hardware I don't have and the
other is Lars' dgd 0.9 (thereabouts).  I tried using the later with
Melville 0.8 but the process keeps crashing.  Is this something to do with
the way dgd handles errors?  I've got a copy of dgd running on a linux box
and I notice it produces cores quite regularly...  I'm not quite
knowledgable about linux systems so I'm assuming that linux somehow cores
then does a funky recovery during an error whereas the Amiga process just
dies.  Am I correct?  (all I'd like is a current version of dgd running at
home)

_O_O_  Elec Eng Dept, Loughborough University, UK.     kllo at iee.org