[DGD] String size limitations

Caleb Tennis caleb.tennis at Rose-Hulman.Edu
Wed May 27 23:15:17 CEST 1998

At CornerStone we're toying around with the addition of Intermud support
to our mudlib, and have reworked most of the Lima code to fit our
scheme, but I noticed that the daemon bombs out because the string size
limitations have been reached.  It seems that the maximum size allowed
by DGD is 64k, but looking at other muds and drivers that is relatively
small in comparision to say 256k that some other people have it set to.

Is there a way to increase the maximum string size within the driver, or
is that even a good idea?  If it's not a good idea, has anyone else
successfully implemented intermud support within their mudlib?  Thanks.

--
Caleb Tennis
Electrical Engineering Student