[DGD] Re: Serialisation for DGD ?

Marc Spoorendonk marc at freud.et.tudelft.nl
Mon Oct 26 13:20:41 CET 1998

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 balduin at uni-paderborn.de wrote:

> I'm currently searching for a method to store dgd
> objects in a database. My question is, is there a
> way to store all (non static) variable values of an object
> e.g. into a string, without abusing the
> save_object kfun with a following read_file ?

Are we talking about shop-storage-rooms here?

Do you want the database in LPC or do you want it completely separated
from the MUD?

If you want it in LPC then its quite easy: just take a look at the
save_object() source code and change it a bit. Making it return a mapping
containing all variables looks useful indeed.

(Don't forget to add some security checks.)

> Or is there perhaps a way to get hold of the
> internal data used for the swapfile (what about
> pointer values in this case ?)
>
> Ludger Merkens
> (balduin at uni-paderborn.de)

Regards,

Marc Spoorendonk

--
| Marc Spoorendonk                                                |