[DGD] Serialisation for DGD ?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Oct 26 12:48:24 CET 1998

Ludger Merkens <balduin at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> I'm currently searching for a method to store dgd
> objects in a database. My question is, is there a
> way to store all (non static) variable values of an object
> e.g. into a string, without abusing the
> save_object kfun with a following read_file ?
>
> Or is there perhaps a way to get hold of the
> internal data used for the swapfile (what about
> pointer values in this case ?)

The easiest way is to save the state of <all> objects together using
a statedump, essentially a copy of the swapfile with extra information
added so the server can restart with it.  The kfun dump_state() is
used to create a state dump.  To restart the driver with it, add the
name of the dump file as a second argument, after the config file
name.