[DGD] Adding ANSI to Win32

Scott Maasen scottm at wwn.net
Tue Sep 1 03:55:45 CEST 1998

Hi everyone!
    I think I'm close.  So far I've downloaded the source of DGD.. then
downloaded Gnuwin32.  I'm trying to do this on windows95 by the way.  I did
all the patches 1 to 6 and the ansi patch.  I changed all the makefiles to
LINUX .. except for the host one.. I moved it out and put in the
makefile.sysv there.  Then I copied the local.c from /host/pc to lrand48 in
/host/unix.  I changed the makefile in /src/comp from yacc to bison -y.  I
then tried 'make install' from /dgd/src.  Everything appears to have
worked.  I got a file named DRIVER.  I changed driver to DGD.exe and put
cygwinb19.dll with it in the same directory.
   Ok so far.
When I attempt to run it.. it says: Gethostbyname: Not owner.
I've tried the squirrel method on this problem *Trying every combination of
the directions I can think of* to no result :(
I have a copy of the DGD.exe that was posted for win32.. it works great and
I've been rebuilding the mudlib.
ANY suggestions would be incredibly welcome.  I just want to get ANSI color
with the lib.  I love the fact that it runs in
Windows95.  Right now the computer I'm using is at my home and I can run
this and still use my favorite software.

Basically.. I'm trying to get a DGD.EXE that will let me pass the ansi esc
code.  If anyone has a copy lie'ing around or
has any clues where I went wrong.. I'd be super grateful.

Thanks!
Scott Maasen
scottm at wwn.net -> (just got bought out .. will be 'scottm at ipa.net' but
right now I get both emails)