[DGD] Re: Adding ANSI to Win32

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Sep 2 02:49:50 CEST 1998

> I think that his trouble stems from using Gnuwin32 to compile DGD --
> not everyone has Visual C++.  As a result, he is compiling with the
> Unix connect.c, not the Win32 one.  Does anyone else have experience
> with compiling under Gnuwin32?

Yes.  The note on compiling under gnuwin32 is in the FAQ because I tried
it at work on my Win95 box.  I compiled vanilla 1.1 and ran it (and connected
to it and did a few things).  The gethostbyname() didn't appear until 1.1p6
(am I right?) though, and I haven't tried that.  I might give it a whirl later
on today and see what socket problems it whines about.

I'd be interested if people have tried it under mingw32 too, or even if it
is appropriate to attempt in that environment.  Another possibility would be
the freeware lcc32 compiler or djgpp, but I haven't tried them either.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide