[DGD] 1.1p6a

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Sep 1 13:17:23 CEST 1998

*** dgd/src/Changelog:1.109.2.5 Sat Jul  4 22:26:49 1998
--- dgd/src/Changelog   Tue Sep  1 12:53:29 1998
***************
*** 1174,1176 ****
--- 1174,1177 ----
   - Generate a proper compile-time error if a string constant is indexed by
     an integer that is out of range.
   - Turned off debug settings in Makefile and added optimization.
+  - Avoided the nasty gethostbyname() problem on Windows 95.

ftp://ftp.imaginary.com/pub/LPC/servers/DGD/patches/1.1p6a.gz

Wim van der Vegt was right, the net package does not have the
Windows 95 gethostbyname() problem, which means that the vanilla
version of DGD does not need to have it either.  A new compiled
binary for Win32 is available on the same ftp site.

It is not clear to me what went wrong the last time I checked this.
Possibly, the latest patches for Windows 95 fix an earlier problem
which occurred during my testing, which was performed well over a
year ago.

Users who do not use Win32, or who use the net package do not have
to upgrade.  Nothing else has changed.  Scott, this patch <might>
also fix your problem.