[DGD] Re: DGD and InterMud and FTP and Libs

James Tait jt061 at gfx1.mdx.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 05:34:58 CEST 1998

Hi all,
  It seems the interest levels are picking up again, especially where
InterMUD is concerned.  OK, I wasn't going to announce this until the work
was finished or at least seriously underway, but I have begun work on an
InterMUD 3 daemon for DGD.  At present it is semi-functional and buggy as
hell, but I am intending to re-write my lib from the ground up so the
daemon might get pushed back a little.  The MUD is by _no means_ my top
priority - I do have coursework which _must_ be finished by February or I
fail my degree.  So work on both the lib and the daemon is slow at best.
  I'm willing to release the daemon code to anyone interested, though it
is very hacked together at the moment.  It is not documented either, so if
you're not comfortable with picking the bones out of someone else's
'thrown-together' code, I'd advise you to leave well alone until I get it
properly done and release it officially.
  Incidentally, I think the DGD web page idea is an excellent one - we
could have a section dedicated to listing available DGD MUDs, what
projects people are working on, what's already been done, etc.  And Points
of Contact for prominent DGD developers.  If I weren't so bogged down with
other stuff I'd start work on it right now, I'm that enthusiastic about
the idea!
  Anyhow, if anyone is interested in the InterMUD 3 daemon in it's current
form, e-mail me at JTait at wyrddreams.demon.co.uk (not the address here, I
only check it about once a week) and I'll get you a copy sorted out.
Please give me some time to reply; as I said, I'm pretty bogged down with
more important stuff atm.

Take care,

JT

                                    \\|//
                                    (O-O)
  "I can take you out with just a flick of my wrist" - Garbage (Supervixen)
e-mail: jt061 at nova.mdx.ac.uk      Internet URL:  http://www.mdx.ac.uk/~jt061/
         Home: 01623 635037                     Mobile: 0956 652763