[DGD] Re: DGD Coders woken up ? (Web page, interdgd, ftp and other stuff)

Wim van der Vegt wvd_vegt at knoware.nl
Wed Sep 9 20:47:13 CEST 1998

Hi,

I could perhaps deliver some (free) space on one of the university
webserver, but i can't give upload rights, so uploading/updating would have
to be done through e-mail.
I can edit html, but i don't have much free time to do it.

As for ftp deamons, still on my list of things to code is a set of kfuns for
the lanman api of windows NT4 that would allow you to couple a mud with the
nt user database (bind  users/wizards onto nt accounts and move them into nt
groups) and aand thus enabling you to use the free ms ftp/webservers.
Another thought is binding the objects with nt security (ie let the server
impersonate the nt user and check on the filesystem if it's ok to
edit/access etc).I think of being able to set execute rights for all users
and read and/or write access for wizards.

Another low priority project is building a small exeprimental mud (perhaps
based on melville code) that uses url like syntax for objects
(mud://mud.host.nl/rooms/church.c). Such syntax would enable multiple mud to
work together (imagine a mud server fetching code from another server if the
object is remote).

Btw how many of you are running dgd on windows platform (either for fun or
for real..)?
Wim van der Vegt