[DGD] Re: DGD Coders woken up ? (Web page, interdgd, ftp and other stuff)

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Wed Sep 9 21:07:43 CEST 1998

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Wim van der Vegt wrote:
> Another low priority project is building a small exeprimental mud (perhaps
> based on melville code) that uses url like syntax for objects
> (mud://mud.host.nl/rooms/church.c). Such syntax would enable multiple mud to
> work together (imagine a mud server fetching code from another server if the
> object is remote).

I'd be extremely interested in something like that; my time is
somewhat limited but I would devote what I could to it. Has
anyone tried to install the network package into a mud
running Melville? I have not, but I do not imagine it would be
hard to do.

This is perhaps a good time to mention that Melville 0.9 is
available for download. It should be compatible with the
latest stable release (please let me know if it's not) and
you can get it from

ftp.imaginary.com/pub/LPC/servers/DGD/lib/Melville

Stephen Schmidt

A general who husbands his reserve until the day following a battle
is commonly, and deservedly, beaten.
					- Napoleon