[DGD] FTP

Scott Maasen scottm at wwn.net
Thu Sep 10 09:25:21 CEST 1998

After the FTP comments.. I decided I needed it.  It's not a huge thing for
me at the moment as I'm running this at home right now, but I've got other
people starting to log in to do work.  I'm using windows95 platform, so I
downloaded 32WFD240.zip and set up and FTP server with the root on my mud
directory.  Works great.. even has logging and security.  It's free, only
with limits of transfers per user session without registering.  I'd imagine
that other platforms also have FTP clients available.  While the binary
port could be used for FTP.. I'd think the availibility of outside ftp
servers would make the design of one inside the mud not practical unless
someone has a real wierd platform.
    I've got an open lib if anyone is interested in looking at it.  Just
email me and I'll give you directions to the mud.  And now you can take
home samples with FTP if you like anything :)

Scott Maasen
scottm at wwn.net
scottm at ipa.net