[DGD] Re: Bug report

Marc Spoorendonk marc at freud.et.tudelft.nl
Thu Sep 10 18:11:38 CEST 1998

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Felix A. Croes wrote:

> Marc Spoorendonk <marc at freud.et.tudelft.nl> wrote:
>
> > I found a bug in the telnet option buffer and one in the connect()
> > function. Are they fixed yet? (i.e. where can i download a list of
> > bugfixes)
>
> The latest (experimental) version of DGD can be found at
>
>     http://ftp.dworkin.nl/pub/dgd/experimental/
>
> and the latest version of the networking package at
>
>     http://ftp.dworkin.nl/pub/dgd/pkg/

Thanx for your reply. I took a look at them. I fixed the option-buffer bug
myself and its still in the netpackage. I didn't take a look at the
connect() bug yet. I just by accident discovered that one. I'll see to
that later.

About the option buffer-typo-bug:

This is actually just a typo:

    else if (flags & CF_TELNET) {
        usr->inbuf = (char *) usr + sizeof(user);
        usr->outbuf = usr->inbuf + INBUF_SIZE;
//    usr->optbuf = usr->outbuf + OPTBUF_SIZE;//Changed by Grmbl into next line
        usr->optbuf = usr->outbuf + OUTBUF_SIZE;
        usr->state = TS_DATA;
    }

OPT and OUT are not very different indeed :)

When there are more than 512 bytes in the output buffer before it is
flushed and at that sametime a telnet option is being send then that
telnet option is placed inside the output buffer area. So it is send
twice.

The UNIX screen command seems to be so stupid to crash on that. (I had a
player who could not login due to this bug.)

Could the dgd netpackage distributor please change this?

Bye bye,

Marc a.k.a. Grmbl
--
| Marc Spoorendonk                                                |