[DGD] Re: Bug report

harte at xs4all.nl harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 11 00:28:18 CEST 1998

Quoting Marc's message from 10 Sep:
| On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Felix A. Croes wrote:

[...]
| Thanx for your reply. I took a look at them. I fixed the option-buffer bug
| myself and its still in the netpackage. I didn't take a look at the
| connect() bug yet. I just by accident discovered that one. I'll see to
| that later.

Let me hear how that goes? :-)

| About the option buffer-typo-bug:
|
| This is actually just a typo:
|
|     else if (flags & CF_TELNET) {
|         usr->inbuf = (char *) usr + sizeof(user);
|         usr->outbuf = usr->inbuf + INBUF_SIZE;
| //    usr->optbuf = usr->outbuf + OPTBUF_SIZE;//Changed by Grmbl into next line
|         usr->optbuf = usr->outbuf + OUTBUF_SIZE;
|         usr->state = TS_DATA;
|     }
|
| OPT and OUT are not very different indeed :)
|
| When there are more than 512 bytes in the output buffer before it is
| flushed and at that sametime a telnet option is being send then that
| telnet option is placed inside the output buffer area. So it is send
| twice.

Woo, funky bug, I wonder how long that one has been around. :-)

| The UNIX screen command seems to be so stupid to crash on that. (I had a
| player who could not login due to this bug.)

Hm, that must be some combination of factors, I use 'screen' to 3 muds,
2 of which use the net-package, 1 uses vanilla DGD, and I have had no
trouble with screen?

Oh, just in case:

  ---- Quote from unix prompt ----
  > screen -v
  Screen version 3.07.02 (FAU) 1-Sep-96
  ---- End of quote

| Could the dgd netpackage distributor please change this?

It'll be in the next patch.

Erwin.