[DGD] Re: Strange clone_object behaviour

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Sep 14 02:05:48 CEST 1998

Ling <K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> Another question re: upgrading objects.
>
> When I upgrade the user object, current users only get upgraded when they
> log out and back in.  Is it something to do with the fact that I have no
> connection object as such?  (user & connection object are the same)

Probably it has something to do with your mudlib destructing the user
object before recompiling it.  It shouldn't.

>   |    Ling Lo (fish)					DGDv1.43 AmigaOS

Is that DGD 1.1.43?

If you're not using gcc, the float conversion problem could be
compiler-related -- or, I don't know if the compiler you're using
is configured with 2 byte integers, but if it is, change it to 4 byte
integers.