[DGD] Re: Strange clone_object behaviour

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Sat Sep 19 11:25:52 CEST 1998

On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Felix A. Croes wrote:
> Ling <K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > Another question re: upgrading objects.
> >
> > When I upgrade the user object, current users only get upgraded when they
> > log out and back in.  Is it something to do with the fact that I have no
> > connection object as such?  (user & connection object are the same)
>
> Probably it has something to do with your mudlib destructing the user
> object before recompiling it.  It shouldn't.

Oops, you're right.  Doh.  I'm thick.  Shoulda clicked when I converted
from simple compile_object() to destructing things further down the
inheritance tree.  Fixed, wonderful.

> >   |    Ling Lo (fish)					DGDv1.43 AmigaOS
>
> Is that DGD 1.1.43?

Sorry, yeah.

> If you're not using gcc, the float conversion problem could be
> compiler-related -- or, I don't know if the compiler you're using
> is configured with 2 byte integers, but if it is, change it to 4 byte
> integers.

It's set at 4 byte integers for ints be default (using SAS/C compiler).
Hmmm...  I'll need to go home and take a look again.  Thanx though, all
suggestions welcomed.  However, I think I shall convert to using IEEE
floats completely, I'm using floats quite intensively.  Even a simple look
command commits numerous vector transformations and comparisons, I'd
rather have the FPU do the biz (when I buy a linux machine in the near
future).

_O_O_  Elec Eng Dept, Loughborough University, UK.     kllo at iee.org