[DGD] Re: A few questions regarding some kfuns....

Tim Blommerde T.Blommerde at et.tudelft.nl
Wed Sep 16 18:03:18 CEST 1998

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl>
Aan: dgd at list.imaginary.com <dgd at list.imaginary.com>
Datum: woensdag 16 september 1998 17:28
Onderwerp: [DGD] Re: A few questions regarding some kfuns....

>"Tim Blommerde" <T.Blommerde at et.tudelft.nl> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> Another question regarding kfuns is the kfun parse_string.  Does anybody
>> know (Mr. Dworkin ??) if and when this kfun will be added and what
exactly
>> its functionality will be?
>
>It's in the experimental development branch of DGD:
>
>    ftp://ftp.dworkin.nl/pub/dgd/experimental/
>
>These are patches to the original 1.1 sources.

Thanks, I'll check it out when I got the time.  Should questions, comments,
bugs etc. regarding such experimental packages be directed to you in person
or to the mailing list.

>> And then, for the last question, would it be
>> hard to write a extra kfun package or add a kfun sprintf?  I guess the
DGD
>> driver is still mainly used for text based games, so a text formatting
kfun
>> would be very nice.
>
>Not hard at all.  Just copy it from MudOS, make a few changes to
>adjust it to DGD's internal datatypes, and you're done.  Check out
>dgd/src/kfun/extra.c to see what the kfun format is.  Good luck.

Hmm, I'll try, though I might use the amylaar one =).  I'll notify the
mailing list if I succeed.

>Or was the question, is it hard to get Dworkin to add it to DGD?
>Yes, that would be very hard :)

(*Big wicked smile*)
Well, atleast I could try.  I read your points in the 'Kernel library'
thread and agree with them (the ones that you don't think special (k/e)funs
that handle special formatting etc. should be in the kernel lib, but in
includable or inheritable lib files).  But 'never shot is always missed' as
we say in the Netherlands.

>Dworkin

Thanks for the reply,
Tim