[DGD] A few questions regarding some kfuns....

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Sep 16 16:18:45 CEST 1998

"Tim Blommerde" <T.Blommerde at et.tudelft.nl> wrote:

>[...]
> Another question regarding kfuns is the kfun parse_string.  Does anybody
> know (Mr. Dworkin ??) if and when this kfun will be added and what exactly
> its functionality will be?

It's in the experimental development branch of DGD:

    ftp://ftp.dworkin.nl/pub/dgd/experimental/

These are patches to the original 1.1 sources.

> And then, for the last question, would it be
> hard to write a extra kfun package or add a kfun sprintf?  I guess the DGD
> driver is still mainly used for text based games, so a text formatting kfun
> would be very nice.

Not hard at all.  Just copy it from MudOS, make a few changes to
adjust it to DGD's internal datatypes, and you're done.  Check out
dgd/src/kfun/extra.c to see what the kfun format is.  Good luck.

Or was the question, is it hard to get Dworkin to add it to DGD?
Yes, that would be very hard :)