[DGD]parse_string

Jason Cone jcone at usabilitysciences.com
Tue Apr 6 18:04:13 CEST 1999

I think I totally missed a part of your question...

> the wrong one? Since you don't know which environment to look for the
> object in?

I forgot to state this from the very beginning.  Since a verb can only be
executed by a living/interactive/player/NPC/whatever, the following are
always going to be true:

immediate inventory == inventory(caller)
immediate environment == environment(caller)

where caller is the person/object executing the verb (which is known).  That
way, the search algorithm always starts from the correct
"environment"/object.  Ok, I think I answered it...?

JC