[DGD](no subject)

Jason Cone jcone at usabilitysciences.com
Fri Apr 30 16:44:22 CEST 1999

Greets.

After finally bringing DGD up to date (with the Net 11 package), I've
encountered a problem.  I'm sure it's silly, but I can't figure it out for
the life of me.

The Net doc metions that you have to redefine the open_port() kfun in the
auto object -- I'm not sure if he meant that it's a good idea to or if you
really have to because you didn't have to in the previous version.  Anyway,
I went ahead and did it out of it being a good idea to do so anyway.  Here's
my declaraction in the auto object:

static void open_port(string sProtocol, varargs int nPort)
{
    ::open_port(sProtocol, nPort);
}

and here's the call from the Mud port object:

I have 3 "port" objects (Mud, HTTP, and FTP).  When any of those 3 calls the
open_port() function, I get a "Too many arguments for function" error
message and DGD proceeds to shut itself down automatically.  If I comment
out the calls to open_port(), DGD is much happier, but I (of course) can't
connect to anything.

The obvious question is, "What in the world is going on?"  There were no
errors during the network patch (no .rej files or otherwise "bad" messages),
so I'm led to believe that the driver is as it should be.  Anyway, if anyone
could shed some light on this, I would totally appreciate it.

JC