[DGD]Precompile Interface

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Fri Aug 13 17:09:57 CEST 1999

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 balduin at uni-paderborn.de wrote:

> Concerning the hack to use the precompiled interface to include C
> into an object, i tried as dworkin suggested. I wrote an empty
> lpc file with nothing more but the declarations i need (including
> the empty body of the function I want to do in C), created a precompiled
> file using the lpc precompiler and added the C stuff i wanted.
> When trying to start the newly made driver, i now receive:
> "Fatal error: object out of date: /system/test_patch_pc"
> Where test_patch_pc is my object in question.
> What can be done to avoid this problem ?

It means that some object inherited by test_patch_pc, the auto
object perhaps, is more recent than test_patch_pc itself.  There
is nothing you can do to avoid this, other than regenerating
test_pc_patch every time you recompile the auto object :)

> When attempting to try the alternative solution, "writing a kfun
> dedicated to one object" i'd need to know how to make a kfun dedicated.
> I just don't want to slow down the call_object(string obname) function
> of the driver object, as well as i doubt it is called at all when attempting
> to call a kfun.

Inside the kfun:

    if (strcmp(f->obj->chain.name, "foo/bar/gnu") != 0) { /* no leading / */
        error("Illegal call");
    }