[DGD]Strange call_other behaviour

Serhat Sakarya serhat at freud.et.tudelft.nl
Fri Jan 1 22:57:38 CET 1999

Hhm.. I seem to have stumbled upon something that _might_ be a bug in
call_other or some other part of the driver.. at least in DGD version 1.1

I could reproduce my problem with the following piece of code:

call_other("/obj/player","???");

Essentially, the first argument is the filename of an existing object and
the second is a nonexistant function name. The problem is that the return
value isn't integer 0 (as would be expected), but rather a value like
1075192868. This problem doesn't occur when the first argument is an
object.

I'm not entirely sure what is causing this.. it may have to do with
(minor) changes I have made in my version or perhaps it is a bug that
has thus far gone unnoticed (this seems very unlikely, though).

Has anybody else encountered this problem??

Regards,

Serhat Sakarya

P.S. Happy New Year! :-)