[DGD]One last question....

Torbj|rn Andersson d91tan at Update.UU.SE
Sat Jan 9 02:00:09 CET 1999

[I tried to mail something to this effect from the wrong address at
first. I hope the first copy will be discarded now.]

> I hate to bother you guys again, but it's been a while since I wizzed a
> lp/2.4.5 mud. I'm trying to create a weapon here, but for some reason it
> won't let me wield it. I *know* I'm doing something stupid, but what?
>
> Here's the weapon object (I like to keep my monsters and weapons in files,
> rather than include them as part of a room):
>
> inherit "/obj/weapon.c";
>
> init() {
> set_name("Club");

[snip]

If memory serves me, in 2.4.5 /obj/weapon.c adds the "wield" action from
its init() function, which you are overriding. I.e. you would have to
call ::init() somewhere, but shouldn't the set_name() etc. be in reset()
anyway?

     _
Torbjorn Andersson